2 January 2010

Happy New Year!

And as I aspire to be an epidemiologist (and for those of you that didn't know: that's basically what epidemiology is all about, sending annoying questionnaires to a lot of people and then use statistics to work some magic on them), the best way for me to sum up last year is with some statistics.

Last year, I say 173 artists perform, at 76 individual gigs (in the case of festivals, each day was counted as a separate gig), which is 1.46 per week and a 43% increase compared to 2008.

Of those gigs, 43 were in the Netherlands and 31 were in England, which makes averages of 1.05 and 2.81 gigs per week, respectively.

The artists I ran into most often were: We Have Band (4), Patrick Wolf (3) and Handsome Furs (3).

I went to 5 different festivals last year: Motel Mozaïque, London Calling 2009 #1, Diesfestival (it's got the word 'festival' in the name, so I guess it qualifies as a festival in that way), de Affaire and Lowlands.

I bought 27 albums in 2009, which is a 34% decrease compared to 2008.

I managed to review 16% (12) of the gigs I went to, and reviewed 9 albums.

According to Last.FM, I listened to 17,338 songs in 2009, which is 47,5 per day or 333 per week. This is actually and underestimation as it doesn't count songs I listen to on mp3 player or on the radio. My total scrobbled songs at the start of 2010 was 34,123.

So, some NY's resolutions, as that seems to be the thing to do at this time of year:
- Buy more albums. 27 is pathetic.
- Review more gigs/albums. One album a month ought to be reasonable, shouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment